In order to make my blog more proffesional looking I had to change and add a few things:
- Resize all the images to their max size
- Add a categories widget
- Add a calendar widget – this would track all my posts according to date
- Add tags to my posts as well as categories
I added a new widget to the Blog that includes a calendar as well as a category dropdown menu.
The calendar can be used to look for posts that were submitted on specific dates.
After I spent a long time categorising and tagging posts I added a category widget that allows users to look for specific subject-specific posts.
I also created a template on photoshop with a default size of 735px. Other things too keep in mind would be:
- Remember to list things in bullet points
- Keep images to a set size
- Make sure to tag all your posts
- Embed all videos on my blog using the embed or iFrame code
- Write all posts on html
This system will ensure I get a more professional and effective blog that’s easy to navigate and read.